Last modified: Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Search for IU Kokomo chancellor to begin
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sept. 16, 2009
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Indiana University President Michael McRobbie today (Sept. 16) announced the appointment of a 13-member search and screen committee to recommend finalists for the position of chancellor at the university's Kokomo, Ind., campus.
Former IU Kokomo Chancellor Ruth Person left the position last summer to become chancellor at the University of Michigan-Flint after serving since 1999. Stuart Green has been serving as interim chancellor since August 2008. He had formerly served as vice chancellor for the IU Kokomo Office of Academic Affairs.
"I look forward to receiving the search committee's recommendations of those individuals who are best suited to lead the IU Kokomo campus, further enrich the campus' learning environment and strengthen its connections with the surrounding north central Indiana community," McRobbie said.
The committee, which will meet with McRobbie on Thursday (Sept. 17), will be chaired by IU East Chancellor Nasser Paydar and include representatives from the faculty, staff and student body at IU Kokomo, as well as from the greater Kokomo community. It will conduct a search for a group of finalists who will be recommended to McRobbie for consideration. It hopes to complete its work by spring and has set a goal of having the new chancellor begin his or her term during the 2010-11 academic year.
In addition to Paydar, members of the search committee include:
- Shirley Aamidor, Associate Professor, Division of Education, Indiana University Kokomo
- James Alender, President/CEO, Howard Regional Health System
- Deanna Crispen, Executive Director, Cass County Community Foundation
- Robert Dibie, Campus Dean, School of Public and Environmental Affairs; Professor, Public Affairs, Indiana University Kokomo
- Susan Hendricks, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, Indiana University Kokomo
- Kirsten Leonard, Electronic Resources/Government Documents Librarian; Assistant Director of Institutional Research, Indiana University Kokomo
- Amber Mumaw, Student Body President; Student, Department of Psychology, Indiana University Kokomo
- John Minor Ross, Professor, Department of Natural, Information, and Mathematical Sciences, Indiana University Kokomo
- Marsha Shaw, Secretary, Department of Humanities, Indiana University Kokomo
- Cathy Hightower Valcke, Director, Alumni Relations, Indiana University Kokomo
- Eva White, Assistant Professor, Department of English, Indiana University Kokomo
- John Applegate, Vice President for Planning and Policy, Indiana University, Member Ex Officio, Liaison to the Office of the President
The firm of Witt/Kieffer will help facilitate the search. More information on the search will be available at http://www.iu.edu/~vppp/recruitment/IUKokomoChancellor.shtml.
IU Kokomo, which serves an 11-county area in north central Indiana, is committed to enhancing the educational and professional attainment of the residents of the region by providing a wide range of bachelor's degrees and a limited number of master's and associate degrees. It is further dedicated to enhancing research, creative work and other scholarly activity, promoting diversity and strengthening the economic and cultural vitality of the region and the state through a variety of partnerships and programs.