Last modified: Thursday, May 13, 2010
Media Advisory: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announcement at IU School of Medicine
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 13, 2010
Editors: U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins on Friday (May 14) will visit the Indiana University School of Medicine Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research. They will tour facilities and participate in a news conference to announce a new American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) award to IU and recognize a major milestone in ARRA investment in science and biomedical research.
- Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Dr. Francis Collins, Director of the National Institutes of Health
- André Carson, U.S. House of Representatives, 7th District
- Michael McRobbie, President of Indiana University
- Dr. D. Craig Brater, Dean, IU School of Medicine
WHAT: News conference and tour. Tour coverage is limited to press pool only
WHEN: Noon (EDT); pre-set 11:45 a.m.
WHERE: Joseph E. Walther Hall, 980 W. Walnut Street, Indianapolis (on the Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis campus). Second floor atrium
- Mary Hardin, IU School of Medicine, 317-274-7722 (o) or 317-727-7712 (c)
- George Vlahakis, IU, 812-855-0846 (o) or 812-345-1500 (c)
- Tim Granholm, HHS, 202-503-8802 or Tim.Granholm@HHS.gov
The news conference will be video streamed at www.broadcast.iu.edu. The event will be broadcast to Indianapolis stations live via the IU Video-Link. Network affiliates are encouraged to contact local stations for assistance in obtaining a satellite feed.