Last modified: Friday, October 20, 2006
Twenty-four Indiana entrepreneurial companies are winners of Kelley School of Business IUEAD awards
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Oct. 20, 2006
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Twenty-four companies were selected as the best in their categories in this year's Indiana University Entrepreneurial Awards of Distinction, presented Thursday (Oct. 19) evening in Indianapolis by IU's Kelley School of Business.
The IU Entrepreneurial Awards of Distinction program also recognized 68 finalists who had applied earlier in the year. From the finalists, winners were selected in each of the following categories:
- The Growth Award, which recognizes companies with at least 35 percent growth over a two-year period;
- The Spirit Award, which honors companies for their high standards in risk-taking and perseverance through various mistakes and obstacles.
- The Innovation Award, for companies that pioneered new systems, products or best practices to adapt to the ever changing business climate.
- A Social Enterprise category, which recognizes non-profit companies with social missions that have adopted entrepreneurial attributes.
"The IU Entrepreneurial Awards of Distinction celebrate and showcase the tremendous achievements of Indiana's entrepreneurial companies. This is a unique opportunity to celebrate some of the true greatness that exists in the state of Indiana by recognizing the hard work and tenacity that is evident in these award-winning companies," said Donald F. Kuratko, executive director of the Johnson Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and the Jack M. Gill Chair of Entrepreneurship.
Partners for this year's awards are LaSalle National Bank; Katz, Sapper & Miller; Indiana University Research & Technology Corp.; the Indiana Venture Center; Monument Advisors; NASDAQ; and Pathologists Associated Labs.
For more information regarding the program and how to nominate an Indiana company for next year's award or more about the Johnson Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, visit the center's web site at http://www.kelley.indiana.edu/jcei or call 812-855-4248.
Below is listed the winning companies, grouped by the award category for which they are being recognized:
- Ace Mortgage Funding, LLC, Indianapolis
- Advantis Medical, Inc., Greenwood
- ExactTarget, Indianapolis
- Harlan Bakeries, Inc., Indianapolis
- Just Marketing International, Zionsville
- Marketing Informatics, Indianapolis
- ANGEL Learning, Indianapolis
- Focus Surgery, Inc., Indianapolis
- Griffin Analytical Technologies, LLC, West Lafayette
- Interactive Intelligence, Inc., Indianapolis
- ProSolv CardioVascular, Indianapolis
- Quadraspec, Inc., West Lafayette
- Benefit Associates, Inc., Indianapolis
- Deborah Wood Associates Healthcare Communications Group, Carmel
- Indiana Speed Football, Inc., Indianapolis
- MediaSauce, Carmel
- Pac-Van, Inc., Indianapolis
- Pro Winds, Bloomington
- Unique Window & Door, Indianapolis
- Coalition for Homeless Intervention & Prevention (CHIP), Indianapolis
- Columbus Enterprise Development Corporation (CEDC), Columbus
- Damar Services, Indianapolis
- Damien Center, Indianapolis
- Never Too Late, Indianapolis