Experts & Speakers Faculty Profile
Trevor R. Brown
Professor Emeritus of Journalism
Dean and Associate Professor of Journalism, School of Journalism
Interests:Developing nations, editing, journalism, media ethics, International media
- B.A. at Oxford University, England, 1963
- M.A. at Stanford University, 1965
- M.A. at Oxford University, England, 1967
- Ph.D. at Stanford University, 1974
- Dean since 1985 of nationally recognized IU School of Journalism; recently oversaw the school's first major curriculum revision in two decades.
- Native of South Africa; has written extensively on the role of the media in his home country and in the Third World.
- Previously taught and worked as a reporter in Cape Town, South Africa.