Last modified: Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Media advisory: IU NCAA events in Atlanta
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 21, 2012
Editors: In advance of Friday's game between Indiana University and the University of Kentucky in the men's NCAA basketball tournament, here is information about related official activities taking place in Atlanta and Bloomington.
If you have any questions or want to interview anyone from IU other than coaches or players, contact Mark Land at 812-322-9016 or email@example.com. Land will be available to provide on-site assistance to media in Atlanta, who are welcome at the events below.
- The Big Red Warm-Up will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, March 22, at STATS on Restaurant Row, 300 Marietta St. in downtown Atlanta. IU cheerleaders, the Pep Band and other IU dignitaries are expected to join alumni and fans at the event. Cost for the public is $25 per person, free for children younger than 10. The event includes a food buffet and a cash bar. Those who wish to register should contact Kai Westerfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-855-4921, but people also will be able to pay at the door.
- A game-day rally and team send-off will take place about two hours before the scheduled 9:45 p.m. tip-off Friday at the team hotel, the Atlanta Marriott Downtown, 160 Spring St. N.W. Fans are encouraged to wear their IU colors and bring Hoosier flags and gear to the free event.
- A complete list of official IU game watch parties around the country is available at the IU Alumni Association website. Because not every IU fan in Atlanta will have tickets to the game, a game watch party there will take place at the Hudson Grille Brookhaven, 4046 Peachtree Road. In Bloomington, Ind., the Monroe County IU Alumni Association chapter will gather at Yogi's, 519 E. 10th St.
- Should IU win on Friday night, another game-day rally and send-off will take place about two hours before tip-off Sunday, March 25 (time to be announced), at the team hotel. A section has been reserved at the Hudson Grille Brookhaven on Saturday night for other NCAA game watching with other IU fans.
- The IU Alumni Association's official travel package remains available. It includes hotel accommodations for three nights -- from Thursday March 22, to Sunday, March 25 -- at the official IU fan hotel, the Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, Ga.; a three-day MARTA pass to provide transportation to downtown Atlanta and the Georgia Dome; admission to the Big Red Warm-Up; and on-site travel assistance. Game tickets are not part of the package. Costs range from $315 per person in a four-to-a-room package to $729 for a single guest. Contact Anthony Travel at 888-632-6951 or CollegeTravel@anthonytravel.com for more information.
- Videos, photos and up-to-date information will be available anytime through IU's official social media channels on Twitter (@IndianaUniv), Facebook (www.facebook.com/IndianaUniversity) and YouTube (www.youtube.com/iu); and at IU Athletics' official Twitter (@OurIndiana) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/IUHoosiers) pages.
- Additional, useful information for media about Indiana University is available online in a special fact sheet and at IU News Room and IUHoosiers.com.