Everything IU Archive
Stay in touch with the things you love about this great university. Subscribe to Everything IU or one of several Indiana University newsletters.
- Everything IU, July 17, 2013 -- This edition of Everything IU includes news about international students visiting the Kelley School of Business and its Institute for International Business, Indiana's basketball history with two players selected in the top four of the NBA draft and an IU Northwest alumna who is furthering her studies in South Africa. It also features blog posts about Hoosier athletes and rare books on campus, stories about IU Kokomo nursing students hosting a healthy camp for kids and SPEA students making a difference in their communities, a photo gallery of a writing workshop in New Albany and a look at upcoming events.
- Everything IU, June 12, 2013 -- This edition of Everything IU includes news about tuition rates for 2013-14 and 2014-15, the IU baseball team's exciting advance to the College World Series and a Global Business Institute that will bring 100 international students to Bloomington this summer. It also features blog posts on science and medicine, stories about teacher education in South Bend and the preservation of auto racing history in Indianapolis, a photo gallery of an IU commercial being shot by the makers of the movie "Hoosiers" and a look at upcoming events.
- Everything IU, May 8, 2013 -- This edition of Everything IU features the "This Is Indiana" third-graders from Cold Spring Environmental Magnet School as they visit IU Bloomington. It includes blogs about commencement and an exhibit at IUPUI about Guantanamo; news about the new Big Red II supercomputer and the summer tuition discount; news headlines involving IU; video comments from Vice President Joe Biden; photos of student art; and a celebration of graduating student-athletes.
- Everything IU, April 24, 2013 -- This edition of Everything IU previews this year's spring commencement ceremonies and includes news on IU's new Big Red supercomputer, a professor's research into why CEOs cheat and a major grant to promote women's access to higher education in Sudan. It also spotlights an IU Kokomo student who used his programming skills to create a fall detection application for smartphones, the dedication of new fields for IU's baseball and softball teams, and the running of the men's and women's Little 500 races.
- Everything IU, April 10, 2013 -- The 63rd running of the Little 500 race at IU Bloomington, including the philanthropic activities surrounding the event, headlines this issue of Everything IU, which also features news of the nation's first school of philanthropy, an IU News Room blog on the positive benefits of exercise on mood and a campus spotlight on a new art exhibit on the history of the U.S. naval station in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Additionally, it includes a look at IU's red hot baseball team and a video spotlighting a special IU take on the "Harlem Shake" dance craze.
- Everything IU, March 27, 2013 -- IU's international engagement efforts, film and theater activity, and Hoosier basketball are highlighted in this issue of Everything IU. The issue features news of Syrian scholar Abdal-Razzaq Moaz and renowned filmmaker Robbie Benson joining IU, a video spotlight on the revival of the graduate playwriting program at IU Bloomington and a campus spotight on an IU Southeast fine arts professor who has created a collection of 3-inch plastic 3-D prints of people from campus and beyond. The issue also includes a remembrance of IU Police Chief Keith Cash, a 29-year veteran of the IUPD, who died unexpectedly on March 20, 2013.
- Everything IU, March 15, 2013 -- An IU Southeast staff member who has created a 30-inch replica of the famous "Frau in Mond" rocket headlines this issue of Everything IU, which also spotlights a Bloomington chemistry professor who is turning to natural sources for new medicines, IU Kokomo students learning about bear and bull markets through simulated investments in business class, relationships being forged among IU campuses and partner schools in Ecuador and the latest IU presidential podcast featuring IU President Michael McRobbie and Director of Athletics Fred Glass discussing the state of IU athletics as the men's basketball team heads into postseason play.
- Everything IU, Feb. 27, 2013 -- This issue of Everything IU includes news about a patent for the "Twitter Predictor," a discovery involving Alzheimer's, strong academic performances by Hoosier basketball stars and women's swimming and diving successes; blogs about the Tuskegee Airmen and tech research; news headlines featuring IU experts; a video about cognitive science research related to the rock-paper-scissors game; a photo gallery about a visit by "Moneyball" inspiration Billy Beane; and events from IUPUI and IU Northwest.
- Everything IU, Feb. 14, 2013 — IU's first international gateway office, located in India, headlines this issue of Everything IU, which also includes Valentine's Day-related features, news on how machine learning can improve the cost and quality of health care and the negative impact of bullying bosses, a video spotlighting a unique orchestral take on a classic Queen song and a photo gallery capturing IU President Michael A. McRobbie's recent visit to Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Everything IU, Jan. 30, 2013 — This issue of Everything IU features news about former U.S. Sen. Richard Lugar joining the faculty of IU's new School of Global and International Studies. Also included are photos from the Martin Luther King Jr. celebrations at IU Bloomington and IUPUI, a video spotlighting a "singing surprise" by the IU Jacobs School of Music's 'Singing Hoosiers,' and a blog post about Super Bowl advertising.
- Everything IU, Jan. 16, 2013 — This issue of Everything IU leads off with a round-up of Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebrations scheduled at IU campuses. Also featured are photos of a snowy IU Bloomington campus, a video on student community service at IUPUI, a story about IU Northwest's One Book ... One Campus ... One Community reading initiative and other highlights from IU news releases, blogs, media coverage and athletics.
- Everything IU, Dec. 13, 2012 — This issue of Everything IU features news about research showing songbirds adapt quickly to new urban environs, as well as a discovery that led to overturning an error in a federal trademark statute. Also included is a Campus Spotlight on a series of sustainable videos done by IU South Bend and a celebration over the IU men's soccer team's eighth NCAA title, in addition to other highlights from IU blogs, news, media coverage and photo galleries.
- Everything IU, Nov. 27, 2012 — This issue of Everything IU includes a report about Indiana's economy and the looming fiscal cliff, news about an IU student designing a special holiday postmark, blog posts about the artistically organized and couples undergoing in-vitro fertilization, information about IU's 'top docs' and a new book by photographer Steve Raymer, a video of Asia Day at IU Northwest, a photo gallery of IU Dance Marathon, a celebration of the IU men's soccer team, and more.
- Everything IU, Nov. 14, 2012 —This issue of Everything IU features news about several new agreements with leading academic institutions in Brazil and Chile, researchers involved in an international robotics challenge, the economic outlook for 2013, remembering the first African American basketball player in the Big 10 and personnel assisting with the Hurricane Sandy response. Also included is a Campus Spotlight from IU Southeast and how students and faculty there are "flipping" over a campus tradition, in addition to other highlights from IU blogs, news, media coverage and photo galleries.
- Everything IU, Oct. 31, 2012 — This issue of Everything IU features news that a new collaboration between the IU School of Optometry and the statewide non-profit Saving Sight Indiana will work to improve eye care for the young and needy across the state. Also included is a Campus Spotlight out of IU Kokomo about one educator's efforts to dispel cultural myths about Hispanic people and culture, in addition to other highlights from IU blogs, news, media coverage and photo galleries.
- Everything IU, Oct. 17, 2012 — This issue of Everything IU includes a feature on new LED lighting at the IU Art Museum, a campus spotlight about IU Southeast's relationship with teachers and schools in Ecuador, a video of students playing the Harry Potter game Quidditch at IU South Bend and a photo gallery from IU Bloomington Homecoming, along with highlights from IU news, events, blog posts and media coverage.
- Everything IU, Oct. 4, 2012 — This issue of Everything IU includes a variety of blogs; photo, video and news features; fun facts; IU-related headlines from media outlets; and upcoming events. Some of the features in this edition discuss a politically minded father and daughter who are both IU alumni, a partnership between the university and Whirlpool to benefit Habitat for Humanity, nursing students at IU Kokomo who are helping youngsters get over their fears of medical treatment and a video highlighting IUPUI's annual Regatta.
- Everything IU, Sept. 20, 2012 — The inaugural issue featured an introduction to the new biweekly e-news publication from IU Communications, as well as spotlights on a Kelley School of Business alumnus who recently appeared on ABC's hit television show "Shark Tank," an IU sound media historian who recently discovered what could be the oldest record in the world on the pages of a German magazine and a visit to IU Bloomington by world-renowned filmmaker Werner Herzog.