Built in 1835, Wylie House was the home of Indiana University's first president, Andrew Wylie, and his family. Today Wylie House is owned and operated by Indiana University as an historic house museum recreating the Wylie home prior to 1860.
Wylie House contains an outstanding collection of early-to mid-19th century American furnishings, including many Wylie family artifacts. A large collection of Wylie family letters and personal papers are housed in University Archives.
A special quilt exhibit by the Wylie House Quilters is on display until the end of March. Accompanying labels explain the history and patterns of each piece. The exhibit may be viewed during March tours of Wylie House.
Wylie House is the home of former Indiana University President Adrew Wylie.
Wylie House is located on Second Street in Bloomington just south of downtown.
An antique vase rests on a corner shelf.
Quilted Wreath of Flowers, by Virginia Miller, serves as a backdrop for artifacts at Wylie House.
The colorful front parlor of Wylie House.
This ornate vase is part of the collection at Wylie House.
Wylie House employee Sherry Wise stands in the historical foyer.
An antique baby doll and bed in the Wylie House display.
A portrait of Andrew Wylie hangs in the stately home.
A child's toy is part of the Wylie House collection on display at the home on Second Street.