Last modified: Tuesday, October 16, 2007
MEDIA ADVISORY: The inauguration of Michael A. McRobbie
On Thursday (Oct. 18) Indiana University will inaugurate Michael A. McRobbie as its 18th president at 3 p.m. at the IU Auditorium. Here is information for media members who may plan to cover the event.
- Robing of delegates and those in the platform party will begin at approximately 2 p.m. in Wildermuth Intramural Center just off of East Seventh Street. We can assist with photo opportunities in and around the IU Auditorium.
- Led by Grand Marshal Edwin Marshall, the procession will begin at 3 p.m. with delegates and the platform party leaving Wildermuth to walk down Seventh Street toward and around Showalter Fountain on the west side of the IU Auditorium. More than 400 delegates, led by eight presidents from other colleges and universities in Indiana, will march into the IU Auditorium. Delegates from at least 10 international universities will participate.
- President McRobbie will be available for brief one-on-one interviews immediately following the ceremony. We will escort you to the designated interview area. We expect the ceremony to conclude at approximately 5 p.m.
- The public is invited to a public reception immediately following the event outside of the IU Auditorium around Showalter Fountain.
- A camera platform with available audio plug-in is located in the back half of the main level of the IU Auditorium.
- Photographers are permitted only on the outside aisles along the wall of the IU Auditorium and from the back forward to Row 10.
- The university will provide a live video link of the inauguration from the IU Auditorium to all five television stations in Indianapolis. A discrete feed point also will be available to radio and television stations in the IU Radio and Television Building.
- Limited media truck parking is available. Please contact us to make arrangements.
- The ceremony will be available through live stream at https://www.broadcast.iu.edu.
- The event also will be simulcast to these locations on IU campuses around the state: IU Bloomington -- Campus Cable Channel 32 and School of Education, Room 1002; IUPUI Indianapolis -- Education and Social Work, Room 2101; IU East -- Whitewater Community Room; IPFW Fort Wayne -- Kettler Hall, Room G20; IU Kokomo -- Main Hall, Room 214 and Kelley Student Center, Room 130; IU Northwest -- Hawthorn Hall, Room 105; IU South Bend -- Northside Hall, Room 038; IU Southeast -- Hillside Hall, Room 102; IUPU Columbus -- Learning Center, Room 2219
Complete information about inaugural events can be found at: https://www.indiana.edu/~pres/inauguration/