Men's basketball odds and trends
March 24, 2010
For your information, Hoosier men's basketball fans . . . a few interesting numbers and facts to digest from the 2009-10 hoops season for your reading pleasure.
- The Hoosiers improved their scoring output to 66.2 points per game after averaging 60.1 last season.
- Indiana improved their rebounding average to 35.1 after collecting 30.7 last season.
- The Hoosiers blocked 107 shots compared to 64 last season.
- IU shot 69.1 percent from the line this year and 64.9 a year ago. The Hoosiers made 487 free throws this year in 705 attempts after connecting on 377 of 581 in 2008-09.
- The Hoosiers improved their three-point field goal defense to 33.0 percent after allowing 38.5 percent a year ago.
- The Hoosiers home attendance average was 15,296 up from 14,331 last season. The Hoosiers registered six sellouts this season after having two the previous year.
- IU was second in Big Ten games in attendance averaging 16,496 per game.
- The Hoosiers played six of their 12 non-conference games against teams that are currently in the post season. Maryland, Pitt and Kentucky are in the NCAA Tournament, Ole Miss is in the NIT, Boston University is in the CBI and George Mason is in the CIT.
- The Hoosiers had four wins this season against teams that were nationally ranked at one time (Pitt, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern).