Herron buildings scheduled for renovations, renaming of Sculpture and Ceramics Building
Construction projects that began this summer at Herron School of Art and Design facilities will provide additional classroom, studio, gallery and office space for the school's growing faculty, staff and student enrollment. Herron is a school of Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis.
Renovation of the Sculpture and Ceramics building, 1350 Indiana Ave., includes a new façade and the addition of 37,500 square feet, including 3,625 square feet of gallery space, a 22-seat computer classroom and a 35-seat, technology-equipped lecture classroom.
Set for completion in April 2012, the renovation will also include additional public and individual art studio spaces, gallery space, and woodworking, sculpture and ceramic work space. In addition to the new spaces, the building will get a new name -- Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Fine Art Center.
Renovations at Herron's Sidney and Lois Eskenazi Hall, 735 W. New York St., includes the creation of a new conference and office spaces and a seminar classroom to accommodate the addition of three new M.F.A. programs beginning in fall 2011.
The Basile Center for Art, Design and Public Life will be reconfigured to provide a critique classroom for fine arts and public art, and a 15-seat, technology enhanced room for classes, meetings and seminars. Two new faculty offices will be added.
For more information about Herron, see https://www.herron.iupui.edu/.