Last modified: Friday, August 19, 2005
Appointed by the governor in 1998. Term ends June 30, 2007.
Vice President of the Board, 2003-2005.
Trustee liaison to IU Southeast.
Chair, Presidential Search Committee, 2002-2003
- Chairman of the Board, Cook Group Incorporated (2003 to present) and, Executive Vice President (1991 to present); President of CFC, Inc. (1973-1991); Partner in law firm Ferguson, Ferguson & Lloyd (1966 to 1991); Admitted to practice in Indiana Court of Appeals and United States Supreme Court; Attorney for Monroe County (1979-1980)
- Appointed: Indiana Criminal Law Study Commission (1978-1990); State of Indiana Commission for Higher Education (1992-98), Chairman (1996-98), Vice Chairman (1994-95); Governor's Education Roundtable, 1998-present; Board of Directors, Indiana 21 st Century Research and Technology Fund
- Member: Indiana General Assembly (1967-1974); Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity; Kappa Sigma Fraternity; American Bar Association; Indiana State Bar Association; Monroe County Bar Association (President, 1987; Vice-President, 1986); American Judicature Society; Indiana University Alumni Association; Well House Society; Hoosier Hundred; Monroe County Historical Museum
- Officer/Board Member: Medical Technology Leadership Forum (1997-present); Indianapolis and Central Indiana Technology Partnership, 1998-present; Sycamore Land Trust, 2003-present; National Trust for the Humanities, 2002-present; Regenstrief Institute for Health Care (1996-present); Center for Human Growth (President); Indiana Health Industry Forum (1992-present; Chairman 1992-93); Indiana Chamber of Commerce (1994-present); Drum Corps Intl. Foundation; Bloomington Parks & Recreation Foundation; Friends of the Lilly Library, I.U. (1988-89); Monroe County YMCA, (President, 1979-81, Vice President, 1989)
- Honors: inducted as Active Member into The Indiana Academy, 2004; State of Indiana Sagamore of the Wabash, 2003; State of Indiana Sagamore of the Wabash , 1976; . Bloomington Chamber of Commerce, "Lifetime Achievement Award, 2002". Bloomington Chamber of Commerce, "Diane Breeden-Lee Catalyst Award", 1999, for exceptional leadership in generating positive change in the community; Oxford 's Who's Who , 1993
- A.B., Wabash College , 1963; J.D. with Distinction, Order of the Coif, Indiana University School of Law, 1966