Last modified: Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Twenty-three students receive IUAA scholarships
License plate sales provide revenue
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AUG. 11, 2005
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Indiana University license plates are much more than automobile identifiers or symbols of school pride -- they're also a source of scholarship funds for IU students. This year, revenue generated by the sale of IU license plates has provided $23,000 in scholarships for 23 IU students.
Known as IU Alumni Association Scholars, the following students have received $1,000 scholarships for the 2005-06 fall semester. Chosen based on financial need and academic achievement, IUAA Scholars are full-time undergraduate students who also are sons and daughters of IU Alumni Association members.
The 2005-06 IUAA Scholars are:
- Joseph L. Abney, a senior at IU Kokomo from Logansport, Ind.
- Ashlie M. Almonrode, a freshman at IU East from Winchester, Ind.
- Isaac C. Beckman, a sophomore at IU Bloomington from Jasper, Ind.
- Zachary J. Beckman, a senior at IU Bloomington from Jasper, Ind.
- Karrie A. Bromley, a junior at IU South Bend from Middlebury, Ind.
- Ethan C. Cirmo, a freshman at IU Bloomington from Cortland, N.Y.
- Sambodhi Das, a junior at IU Northwest from Munster, Ind.
- Alfons G. Eggink, a freshman at IU Bloomington from Elkhart, Ind.
- Juliana T. Eichman, a sophomore at IPFW from Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Mark W. Enghauser, a freshman at IU Bloomington from Evansville, Ind.
- Edward L. Gordon, a freshman at IU Bloomington from South Bend, Ind.
- Daniel I. Hageman, a junior at IU Bloomington from Michigan City, Ind.
- Rachel R. Henderson, a junior at IU Bloomington from Indianapolis
- Allison N. Johnson, a freshman at IU Bloomington from Fort Branch, Ind.
- Sara E. Miller, a freshman at IU Bloomington from Hamilton, Ind.
- Erin H. Monteith, a freshman at IU Bloomington from Westerville, Ohio
- Jeremy E. Moore, a freshman at IU Bloomington from Bloomington, Ind.
- Rachel A. Reusser, a sophomore at IUPUI from Elkhart, Ind.
- Suzanne L. Richards, a freshman at IU Southeast from Borden, Ind.
- Katie L. Riggins, a junior at IUPUI from Vincennes, Ind.
- Matthew T. Riggle, a freshman at IU Bloomington from New Albany, Ind.
- Justin H. Williams, a freshman at IU Bloomington from Merrillville, Ind.
- Natalie M. Woolsey, a sophomore at IU Bloomington from Jasper, Ind.
Including this year's scholarships, the IUAA Scholars program has awarded 157 $1,000 scholarships in 11 years. In its history, the IU Alumni Association has awarded nearly $3 million in scholarships to IU students.
Nearly 32,000 IU plates are on Hoosier vehicles, making the IU plate the most popular collegiate license plate in Indiana. With the purchase of each IU license plate, a $25 tax-deductible contribution is made to the IU Alumni Association to fund programs and services that benefit students, alumni and the entire IU community.
The Indiana University Alumni Association serves the university and its more than 470,000 living graduates through programs, services and communications. One of the nation's largest alumni organizations, the IUAA strives daily to connect alumni and serve IU. For more information, visit https://www.alumni.indiana.edu or call 800-824-3044.