Last modified: Wednesday, February 2, 2005
HHE to visit Statehouse
INDIANAPOLIS -- Some 500 participants are expected to come to Indianapolis on Tuesday (Feb. 8) to take part in the 14th annual Statehouse visit by Hoosiers for Higher Education.
The event is designed to enable IU students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of IU from all campuses to meet with their respective hometown legislators and share with them the importance of supporting IU's biennium budget request as well as other policy issues relative to Indiana University and higher education.
The agenda for the day:
Sagamore Ballroom -- Indiana Convention Center
- 1-1:30 p.m. -- Registration
- 1:30-2:15 p.m. -- Legislative Briefing featuring David Shane, senior adviser to Gov. Daniels for education and employment
- 2:30-4:15 p.m. -- Statehouse visit
- 4:30 p.m. -- Reception at Sagamore Ballroom
- 5:15 p.m. -- Remarks by IU President Adam Herbert; presentation of Welsh-Bowen Distinguished Public Official award and HHE Scholarship awards
- 6 p.m. -- Conclusion
Persons interested in taking part may register by calling 812-855-0921 or register on-line at http://www.gov.indiana.edu/hhe/index.shtml.
Hoosiers for Higher Education is an organization of over 9,000 alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends of IU who are committed to promoting higher education in the state of Indiana. HHE is instrumental in impacting the legislative decision-making process through its grassroots advocacy campaigns.