Whether you are covering breaking news or researching the latest trend, IU encourages the media to utilize the expertise of our faculty and campus resources to disseminate information to the public.
The IU Office of University Communications is ready to assist print, broadcast and Web reporters with access to an on-campus broadcast studio, audio sound bites or the latest IU press release.
Help with your story
- Staff directory and beat areas
- Find an Expert
- News tips
- News release archive
- Download Photos & Videos
- Webcasts and broadcasts, studio access
If you are coming to the Bloomington campus
- Campus map - directions and more.
- Parking - Media who wish to visit the campus can avoid parking violation citations by using a pay facility, parking at a meter, or obtaining a visitor parking permit. To obtain a visitor parking permit, call 812-855-3911. More information about available parking garages and parking meters can be found at IU Transportation.
- Access to Wi-Fi - Journalists can obtain temporary access to wireless Internet while visiting the IU campus. The media can request a Network Access account that will provide access to the wireless network. The computer does not need to be registered or configured.
- Policies regarding journalists on campus - As a state institution, IU is open to all members of the media at all times, but we expect the media to follow campus parking rules and other regulations. We encourage journalists to contact our office before conducting interviews or filming footage. We can assist members of the media with their stories and make the newsgathering process easier by providing access to campus buildings and providing parking accommodations. The media must contact our office first before entering classrooms or dormitories, unless a specific faculty member has granted a journalist permission to his or her classroom.
- To speak with an IU student, call 812-855-3911 or contact a media specialist.
- To interview a faculty member, contact a media specialist.
- Photos - Our office can also provide photos to the media and general public. To request a photo, please contact our photographer Chris Meyer.