Last modified: Monday, August 20, 2012
Search committee for IU East chancellor appointed
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Aug. 20, 2012
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- A search and screen committee has been formed to identify finalists for the position of chancellor of Indiana University East, IU President Michael A. McRobbie has announced.
The committee, which will begin meeting in September, will initiate a national search for a replacement for former IU East Chancellor Nasser Paydar, who led the campus from 2007 to 2012 and accepted the position of executive vice chancellor of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. Laurence Richards, IU East executive vice chancellor for academic affairs and professor of informatics and management, has served as interim chancellor since June 15.
"Each of our regional campuses plays a vital role in the community it serves," said John Applegate, IU's executive vice president for university regionals affairs, planning and policy. "That is especially true of IU East, given that the majority of its 6,000 living alumni remain in the area, enriching the culture and economy with their skills and knowledge. We have carefully convened a search committee that represents a broad range of IU East's campus and community constituents, and I am sure they will carry out their responsibilities extremely well."
IU Kokomo Chancellor Michael Harris will chair the committee, which also includes representatives from the faculty, staff and student body at IU East, as well as from the greater east central Indiana community. The committee expects to complete its work by spring, with the goal of having the new chancellor begin his or her term in July 2013.
The members of the search committee are:
- Chair: Michael Harris, chancellor, Indiana University Kokomo
- Sheila J. Armstead, clinical assistant professor, School of Social Work, Indiana University East
- Michele Larger Curry, senior lecturer, School of Nursing, IU East
- Angie Dickman, vice president of administration, Reid Hospital & Health Care Services; chair, IU East Board of Advisors
- David Frantz, dean, School of Business and Economics; associate professor of management, IU East
- Star Johnson, senior accounts specialist, Office of Administration and Finance, IU East
- Paul Lingle, president, Lingle Real Estate; member, Board of Advisors, IU East
- Laverne Nishihara, associate professor of English, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, IU East
- Neil Sabine, interim dean, School of Natural Science and Mathematics; associate professor of biology, IU East
- Britany Swallow, president, Student Government Association, IU East
- Molly Vanderpool, director of admissions, IU East
- Jerry Wilde, professor of educational psychology, School of Education, IU East
- Ex-officio member: Jennifer Kincaid, chief of staff/director of policy administration, Office of the Executive Vice President for University Regional Affairs, Planning and Policy, Indiana University
The firm of Storbeck/Pimentel will help facilitate the search.
Indiana University East is east central Indiana's leader in baccalaureate and graduate education, offering more than 50 Indiana University degree program options to residents of east central Indiana and west central Ohio. IU East also provides programs of study at its regional centers in New Castle, Connersville and Lawrenceburg.