Last modified: Monday, November 19, 2012
December 2012 commencement highlights
Some 2,032 students have earned degrees -- with some earning more than one -- and are eligible to participate in 2012 winter commencement at Indiana University Bloomington. Highlights include:
- 2,102 degrees will be awarded, including 1,381 bachelor's degrees, 587 master's degrees, 115 doctoral research degrees, eight specialist degrees, seven doctoral practice degrees and four associate degrees.
- 60 graduates have a perfect 4.0 grade-point average, 48 of them master's degree graduates.
- 27.9 percent of graduates are age 22 or younger, 33.1 percent are 23 or 24, 20.5 percent are 25 to 29, and 18.5 percent are 30 or older.
- 15.5 percent of graduates are international students, representing 41 countries.
- 16.9 percent are the first in their family to graduate.
- Among U.S. graduates, 11.8 percent are under-represented minorities (African-American, American Indian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander or two or more races).
- U.S. graduates come from 44 states and the District of Columbia.
- 50.6 percent are women and 49.4 percent are men.
- The oldest graduate is 62 and the youngest is 20.
- The most numerous degree awarded is Bachelor of Arts (440) with economics the most frequent major (53); the second-most numerous degree is B.S. in business (201) with finance (80) the largest major.