Last modified: Thursday, September 22, 2005
IU President Adam Herbert to deliver second State of the University address
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sept. 22, 2005
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Indiana University President Adam W. Herbert will deliver his second State of the University address on Tuesday (Sept. 27) at 3 p.m. in the Frangipani Room of IU Bloomington's Indiana Memorial Union. As is customary, the speech coincides with the first meeting of the academic year for the Indiana University Faculty Council. The Faculty Council meeting will convene at 1:30 p.m. and is open to the public.
Herbert will celebrate the accomplishments of the past year and outline his goals and priorities for the coming year in his speech. The president also will discuss the state, national and international environments in which IU pursues its aspirations to:
- continue to increase the growth of sponsored research, especially in the life sciences,
- enhance its excellence in the arts and humanities,
- maintain leadership in information technology,
- complete its mission differentiation project,
- increase operational efficiency, effectiveness and accountability,
- expand its success in fundraising,
- educate students for careers in a global culture and economy, and
- make even greater contributions to Hoosier economic development.
The speech can be heard in person in the Frangipani Room or via remote broadcast at one of the followinwg PolyCom sites:
- IUPU Columbus: Main 165
- IU East: Whitewater 119
- IPFW: Kettler G20
- IUPUI: School of Nursing 314
- IU Kokomo: Main 111
- IU Northwest: Hawthorn 105
- IU South Bend: Northside 038
- IU Southeast: Hillside 102
The address will be aired live on Bloomington TV channel WTIU2 (the PEG channel) and will be rebroadcast at 11:30 p.m. the same day (Sept. 27) on WTIU. It also will be streamed live and archived on the IU Broadcast site at: http://broadcast.iu.edu/.